Tuesday 19 April 2016

Cultivating conversations


The garden rebukes the woman


“It’s only April and I’m overgrown” says the garden.
               What do you mean?” says the woman.
“You’re too busy talking about what 
you’re going to do to me.”
            The woman pouts.
“It’s no good looking at me like that!”
            The woman sinks lower...



With thanks, today, to Jo Bell for her workshop at Leeds Central Library (free!) and the other poets whose work I listened to.  I have used an exercise that we did, based on different kinds of imagined and imaginary conversations. More work to be done on it, of course.
We also followed some exercises from 52, a year of poetry writing prompts that Jo and other guest poets have put together.  I took the chance to buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment